(the Company) is committed to protecting your privacy online. We are also committed to providing you with the very best experience we can at www.thedollshousefashion.com (the Website).
What personal information do we collect?
- We collect personal information in several ways from different parts of our Website.
- If you wish to use certain the services offered on our Website, you may need to register. You may be asked to give us information including your contact details (such as your name and email address), to select a unique password and you may be asked for other information such as your credit card details (or other financial information) and your postal address to allow you to purchase any of the products offered by the Company on the Website.
- Each time you log in to our Website, you will be asked to provide your email address and password.
- We may also collect information using cookies (see paragraph 3 below).
What are "cookies" and how do we use them?
- A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies allow us to tailor the Website to match your interests and preferences better and understand who has visited which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our Website. Depending on the type of cookie we use, cookies also allow us to make our Website more user friendly, for example, permanent cookies allow us to save your log in details so that you do not have to re-enter them every time you visit our Website. If you wish, you can usually adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies. If you do this, you may not be able to access certain areas of the Website. Alternatively you can adjust your browser to tell you when a Website tries to put a cookie on your computer.
- How you adjust your browser to erase cookies, stop it accepting cookies or to notify you of them, will depend on the type of internet browser programme your computer uses. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions.
- Please remember, cookies do not contain confidential information such as your contact details or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers.
- Some websites that have links from our Website from time to time may also use their own cookies. We have no access to, or control over these cookies, and you are advised to check the cookie policies on such other websites.
- Your browser also generates other information, including your Internet Protocol address ("IP address"). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session whenever you log on to the internet via your internet service provider or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example, a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our web sites. We do not use your IP address to identify you personally.
- We may also collect cookies and IP addresses for system administration and to report aggregate non-personalised information to our business contacts, sponsors or advertisers (such as anonymous statistics related to the take up or use of services, or to patterns of browsing).
What information do parties other than the Company collect?
What do we do with the information we collect?
- We do not store credit card details.
- We do not share customer details with any third parties unless you have authorised us to do so.
- When you place an order on the Website for certain products, we may need to use the information you provide to us to verify your identity. If we are unable to verify your identity on the basis of the information you provide to us then we may ask you to provide further personal information if you wish to proceed with the request.
- We may supplement the information you provide to us with information obtained from third parties.
Subject to obtaining your consent where legally required:
- we may use the information we collect from you for marketing purposes;
- we may contact you for such marketing purposes by email, text message and other electronic messages.
If you ever wish to stop receiving communications from us, you will have the option to unsubscribe from such communications (usually at the bottom of the page/message containing the communication). You can also unsubscribe from receiving communications by logging in and choosing the relevant option on the Website.
With whom do we share your information and for what purpose?
- We do not sell, rent, or trade your personal information with others, unless you have given us permission to do so. If we intend to sell, rent or trade such information, you will be notified prior to the collection of that information. If you do not want your information to be shared with third parties, you will be able to prevent your information being shared by choosing the appropriate options when you register on the Website. These options can be updated by you at any time by logging in and choosing the relevant option on the Website.
Other than as mentioned above, we may also share your information:
- with employees and agents of the Company to administer your account or in relation to services provided to you by the Company now or in the future;
- with anyone who may take over the operation of the Website or who may purchase any or all of our assets/dollshouse, including your personal information;
- if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to: (1) comply with the law or with legal process; (2) protect and defend the Company's rights and property; (3) protect against misuse or unauthorised use of the Company's network; or (4) protect the personal safety or property of the Company's staff or the public.
If you want to object to any use we make of your personal information please contact us in accordance with paragraph 13 below.
To protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, to other organisations (including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the privacy of your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on-line. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and transacting over the Internet, and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
You have the right to see the personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1988) that we keep about you, on receipt of a written request, verification of your identity, and payment of a fee. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please update your details by logging in to the Website and choosing the relevant option on the Website.
How do I object to the use of my data?
If you want to object to the use we have made of your personal data, please contact us in accordance with paragraph 13 below.
How do I change any details stored on the Website?
To change your registered details on our Website, log in to the Website by entering your username and password. Once logged in, you may change any of the details shown by logging in and choosing the relevant option on the Website.